Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, cook noodles and walnuts in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden; cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Just before serving combine the romaine, onions, strawberries and noodle mixture in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad(30)
Sort By :
This salad was really good, but I have to admit that I changed the dressing a little bit, because 1/4 cup sugar is WAY too much for European palates. I only used 2 Tbsp of sugar, and added mustard powder and parsley for a bit of flavour, it was kind of bland without it.
I've made this recipe numerous for family and friends, and everyone always enjoys it! It's also delicious when Napa cabbage is substituted for the romaine.
This salad is delicious and the crunchy topping really adds something extra. I will definitely make this again.
This is an excellent recipe. I halved it for 3 people. It is great!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Salad Recipes >
- Strawberry Recipes >