- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, cook noodles and walnuts in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden; cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Just before serving combine the romaine, onions, strawberries and noodle mixture in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad
"Made this for my brother's graduation party & was surprised by how many people asked for the recipe - over half a dozen! Thanks for making me look like a super star ;)"
"This was very tasty. Didn't change it at all. My family's only complaint was that there wasn't more! I guess I will have to double it next time."
"This salad was really good, but I have to admit that I changed the dressing a little bit, because 1/4 cup sugar is WAY too much for European palates. I only used 2 Tbsp of sugar, and added mustard powder and parsley for a bit of flavour, it was kind of bland without it."
"I've made this recipe numerous for family and friends, and everyone always enjoys it! It's also delicious when Napa cabbage is substituted for the romaine."
"This salad is delicious and the crunchy topping really adds something extra. I will definitely make this again."
"This is an excellent recipe. I halved it for 3 people. It is great!"
"I brought this recipe in to church for a potluck. Since it's Lenten season, we couldn't have any meat.. or dairy products until Easter. I used canola oil to stir fry the ramen noodles and walnuts.. my cousin even mentioned that you can stir fry them in a dry pan (just for a shorter period of time). This went over very well! I hardly had anything to bring back home. :)"
"Quick and easy to make, this salad is a nice change-up for lovers of tossed salads."