Crunchy Romaine Strawberry Salad Recipe
This is such an impressive salad! It’s been a hit with people of all ages at every get-together we’ve ever brought it to. In addition to being pretty and colorful, it’s a snap to make. And the mouthwatering combination of tastes and textures seems to please every palate.—Leslie Lancaster, Zachary, Louisiana
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, cook noodles and walnuts in butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden; cool.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Just before serving combine the romaine, onions, strawberries and noodle mixture in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 200 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC