I tried this at a church potluck years ago and begged for the recipe. The crunchy cornflake topping pairs well with the creamy rice casserole. - Beth Logan, Lakefield, Ontario.
Recommended: 25 Potluck Side Dishes to Feed a Crowd
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the ketchup, mustard and salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with rice.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over rice. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Rice Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p198
Reviews for Crunchy Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review