- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 12 green onions, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add almonds and sunflower kernels; cook until toasted, about 4 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, onions and red pepper. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, pepper, contents of ramen seasoning packets and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Break noodles into small pieces. Just before serving, stir in noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Crunchy Ramen Salad
"Tasty, fast and easy. Like the crunch!"
"I have several recipes for cabbage salads with ramen noodles, but this is the easiest to make. Everyone enjoyed it. Throw in some shredded rotisserie chicken and you've got a meal!"
"My Mom has been making this salad for years. It's one of my favorites."
"This was very different than your average Cole slaw. Loved the nutty flavor from the almonds. Will definitely make again."