Crunchy Potato Mounds Recipe
This is one of my favorite appetizer to serve to guests and at potlucks. These crunchy little bites disappear fast.—Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 cups cold homemade mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, honey and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place cornflakes in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, ham, cheese, onion, milk, egg, yellow mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes.
- 3. Place in three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with mustard sauce. Yield: 5 dozen (1 cup sauce).
1 appetizer equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Crunchy Potato Mounds
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC