Crunchy Potato Mounds Recipe
This is one of my favorite appetizer to serve to guests and at potlucks. These crunchy little bites disappear fast.—Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. YIELD:60 servings
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 cups cold homemade mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, honey and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Place cornflakes in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, ham, cheese, onion, milk, egg, yellow mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes.
- 3. Place in three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with mustard sauce. Yield: 5 dozen (1 cup sauce).
1 appetizer equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC