Crunchy Potato Mounds Recipe
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 cups cold homemade mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, honey and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place cornflakes in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, ham, cheese, onion, milk, egg, yellow mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes.
- Place in three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with mustard sauce. Yield: 5 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Crunchy Potato Mounds(3)
Sort By :
used crushed potato chips instead of cornflakes..could use a variety of meats...pepperoni..bacon...even cooked crumbled burger...etc. Also, could play around with the dip...more or less of the ingredients... great little appetizer to "adjust" to your likes!
I need to add: I used turkey ham instead of regular. They were even better cold.
This is an easy recipe to follow. If I did it again I would make the sauce a little sweeter and also maybe find something else for the breading. The cornflakes seem a little chewy and a little too sweet. Over all a really good finger food.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >