Crunchy Potato Balls Recipe
- 2 cups very stiff mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1. In a bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, egg, mustard and pepper. Add enough of the flour to make a stiff mixture. Chill.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot. Yield: about 6 dozen.
3 each: 103 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Crunchy Potato Balls
"These did not turn out for me...they were flat and soggy. Not sure what I could have done to improve them."
"While the ingredients were simple, it took me forever to make all the balls & it really did make exactly what it said. I also used a small cookie scoop. It was great. Next time I am going to add a little chopped onion too."
"Why would you rate a recipe before trying it? So silly. Anyway, this recipe is actually VERY good and only uses a third of a cup of mayo. You can't even taste it. Delicious! Thank you!"
"Sounds good, but you lost me at mayonnaise. UGH! I wonder if I can substitute sour cream for the mayo..."