Crunchy Potato Balls Recipe
- 2 cups very stiff mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, egg, mustard and pepper. Add enough of the flour to make a stiff mixture. Chill.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Crunchy Potato Balls(3)
Sort By :
While the ingredients were simple, it took me forever to make all the balls & it really did make exactly what it said. I also used a small cookie scoop. It was great. Next time I am going to add a little chopped onion too.
Why would you rate a recipe before trying it? So silly. Anyway, this recipe is actually VERY good and only uses a third of a cup of mayo. You can't even taste it. Delicious! Thank you!
Sounds good, but you lost me at mayonnaise. UGH! I wonder if I can substitute sour cream for the mayo...