Crunchy Pork and Rice Salad
"Cool and refreshing"that describes this leftovers salad pretty well! It's full of cold ingredients. Prepare it as a side dish or serve it along with homemade bread as a main course.
I frequently make my salad for family luncheons. That's only appropriatethe recipe was passed down to me by my mom, who got it from her mom!
I'm a full-time wife and mom (plus home-school teacher!)
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 head Chinese or green cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups cubed leftover cooked pork roast
- 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, pork, rice, peas and water
- chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over the salad and stir gently to mix. Chill for several hours.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.