- 1 head Chinese or green cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups cubed leftover cooked pork roast
- 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, pork, rice, peas and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over the salad and stir gently to mix. Chill for several hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Pork and Rice Salad
"I had some leftover roast pork and didn't know what to do with it until I ran across this recipe. It went together like a dream. My chowhounds scraped the bowl clean."