Crunchy Pork and Rice Salad Recipe
"Cool and refreshing"—that describes this leftovers salad pretty well! It's full of cold ingredients. Prepare it as a side dish or serve it along with homemade bread as a main course. I frequently make my salad for family luncheons. That's only appropriate—the recipe was passed down to me by my mom, who got it from her mom! I'm a full-time wife and mom (plus home-school teacher!) with five sons, who range in age from 9 to 1.
- 1 head Chinese or green cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups cubed leftover cooked pork roast
- 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, pork, rice, peas and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over the salad and stir gently to mix. Chill for several hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Pork and Rice Salad in Country Woman September/October 1993, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Pork and Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2012
"my husband loves pork my kids lov rice and more inportant that they can have a nice and healthy salad we all enjoy taste of home.com:) :)"