Crunchy Pomegranate Salad Recipe
Thanksgivings here in Utah wouldn't be the same without this traditional, tasty salad. You can even stir in sliced banana, mandarin oranges or pineapple tidbits.—Jan Olpin, Salt Lake City, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in pomegranate seeds and apples. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup equals 195 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC