My family looks forward to Christmas each year because that's the only time I make this candy. For a chocolate treat, I like to use chocolate kisses in place of the vanilla chips.
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups chopped pecans
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and butter to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 8 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; stir until combined. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Quickly from by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If mixture becomes too thick, reheat slightly. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: About 14 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Pecan Drops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p101