Crunchy Peanut Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, cauliflower, celery, onion, green pepper and cucumber. Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.