Crunchy Peanut Coleslaw
When entertaining my large family, I like to offer a buffet of delicious food. This salad has been enjoyed by all. They like its peanutty crunch and tangy dressing. —Judy Madsen of Ellis, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise,
- sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. In a large bowl,
- combine the cabbage, cauliflower, celery, onion, green pepper and
- cucumber. Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat,