Crunchy Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
I've been making this candy for more than 30 years, and the first time my husband tasted it, he simply called it "the good stuff"! We've loved it each holiday ever since.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min. + chilling YIELD:96 servings
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 5 cups cornflakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter, warmed
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 9 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. Place cornflakes in a large bowl; set aside. In a microwave, melt peanut butter chips; stir until smooth. Spread into the prepared pan.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in peanuts.
- 3. Immediately pour over cornflakes; fold to combine. Spread over peanut butter chips.
- 4. Top with chocolate bars. Bake at 350° for 2-4 minutes or until chocolate is melted; spread evenly. Chill for up to 30 minutes or until firm. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC