- 1 teaspoon butter
- 5 cups cornflakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter, warmed
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 9 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. Place cornflakes in a large bowl; set aside. In a microwave, melt peanut butter chips; stir until smooth. Spread into the prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in peanuts.
- Immediately pour over cornflakes; fold to combine. Spread over peanut butter chips.
- Top with chocolate bars. Bake at 350° for 2-4 minutes or until chocolate is melted; spread evenly. Chill for up to 30 minutes or until firm. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 pounds.
Originally published as Crunchy Peanut Butter Squares in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p48
Reviews for Crunchy Peanut Butter Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review