"I developed this recipe when I was looking for a cookie with peanut butter taste but without the traditional peanut butter cookie texture," relates Lisa Brown, Iola, Kansas. "We call these cookies 'I'll Have Another'—you'll find our why!"
Recommended: Homemade Easter Candy
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixtures. Stir in the cornflakes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies in Country Woman July/August 2000, p43
Reviews for Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review