Anyone who likes peanuts will love this sweet treat that's packed full of them. After breaking the pan of cooled candy into pieces, I finish with a simple but festive drizzle of melted chocolate.—Connie Pietila, Houghton, Michigan
Recommended: 25 Easy Easter Candies to Make with Your Kids
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with butter; set aside. Combine the peanut butter, peanuts and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Immediately stir in peanut butter mixture and baking soda. Spread into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Break candy into pieces. Melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candy. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Crunchy Peanut Butter Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p69
Reviews for Crunchy Peanut Butter Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review