Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
"The first time I made this candy, I knew it was going to be a big hit," writes Janice Brightwell, Jeffersonville, Indiana. "My husband and friends agree it's the best they've ever tasted. It's quick and simple to prepare. I've been asked for the recipe countless times."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallow creme; add cereal and stir until well coated.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Roll cereal mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC