Crunchy Peanut Bars Recipe
—Nola Burski, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup Spanish peanuts
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring corn syrup and sugars to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter. Fold in cornflakes and peanuts.
- 2. Gently press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
1 bar equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC