Crunchy Peach-Blueberry Crisp Recipe
"A friend of mine gave me this recipe. To make it healthier, I cut down a bit on the butter in the topping and substituted fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt." -Lillian Charves of New Bern, North Carolina
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the peaches, blueberries and cornstarch. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine juices; drizzle over fruit.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the Grape-Nuts, oats, brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving with 1/4 cup frozen yogurt equals 226 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC