Crunchy Pea Salad
After I had this salad in two different restaurants—one here in Michigan and one in Florida—I finally decided to try my hand at duplicating the recipe. My family thinks I succeeded!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine salad dressing, mayonnaise, lemon juice,
- celery seed, salt and pepper. Add peas and onion; toss. Just before
- serving, stir in peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 299 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.