- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix lime peel, lime juice, mayonnaise, salt, onion powder and pepper. Spread mayonnaise mixture over fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crunchy Oven-Baked Tilapia
"We liked it."
"this was amazing and my whole family loved it"
"I usually do not like fish or seafood. I made this mostly for my husband and after trying a bite, I could not get enough! The lime flavor and crispy Panko are something I now crave! I've made it many times for dinner with rice pilaf and a side of peas or broccoli. It's even better when you squeeze the fresh lime juice on top after cooking."
"I omitted the lime, but the rest made for a moist but crispy delicious fish. Even the thin edges of the filets that often die out when grilling of baking were not dry!"
"Very yummy! Easy and nice change from lemon/dill I usually put on tilapia. Will definitely make this again!"
"This was the first time I cooked tilapia (loins). DH and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. The lime zest and juice was differently delicious...a departure from the usual lemon flavor usually served with fish. It's a keeper! Thanks for posting!"