Crunchy Onion Sticks
Although I've been collecting recipes for more than 50 years, I never tire of tried-and-true ones like this.—Leora Muellerleile, Turtle Lake, Wisconsin
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the
- onions in another shallow bowl. Separate crescent dough into four
- rectangles; seal perforations. Cut each rectangle into eight strips.
- Dip each strip in egg mixture, then roll in onions.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to
- wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 onion sticks equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.