Although I've been collecting recipes for more than 50 years, I never tire of tried-and-true ones like this.—Leora Muellerleile, Turtle Lake, Wisconsin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the onions in another shallow bowl. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Cut each rectangle into eight strips. Dip each strip in egg mixture, then roll in onions.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Crunchy Onion Sticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p43
Reviews for Crunchy Onion Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
"Next time, I'm going to stir in a little shredded moz cheese into the onion mixture."
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2008
"These are the BEST!!"