Although I've been collecting recipes for more than 50 years, I never tire of tried-and-true ones like this.—Leora Muellerleile, Turtle Lake, Wisconsin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the onions in another shallow bowl. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Cut each rectangle into eight strips. Dip each strip in egg mixture, then roll in onions.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Crunchy Onion Sticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p43
Reviews for Crunchy Onion Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review