“I threw this recipe together one night when I had two chicken breasts to use up. After adding french-fried onions and baked-on barbecue sauce, I was thrilled with how moist and tasty it turned out. My husband was, too!” Jane Holey - Clayton, Michigan
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/3 cups French-fried onions, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.
- Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p53
Reviews for Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review