Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken
“I threw this recipe together one night when I had two chicken breasts to use up. After adding french-fried onions and baked-on barbecue sauce, I was thrilled with how moist and tasty it turned out. My husband was, too!” Jane Holey - Clayton, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/3 cups French-fried onions, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in
- barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.
- Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 286 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.