Crunchy Oatmeal Shortbread Recipe
Crunchy oats give this traditional shortbread recipe a new twist. These buttery confections are simply good to the very last crumb-especially with a cup of hot coffee or eggnog. I've also learned that they keep for months...if you hide them well enough!
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Place the oats in a blender or food processor; process until ground. Add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Oatmeal Shortbread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC