Crunchy Oatmeal Shortbread Recipe
Crunchy oats give this traditional shortbread recipe a new twist. These buttery confections are simply good to the very last crumb-especially with a cup of hot coffee or eggnog. I've also learned that they keep for months...if you hide them well enough!
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Place the oats in a blender or food processor; process until ground. Add to creamed mixture.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Shortbread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p45
Reviews for Crunchy Oatmeal Shortbread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review