Crunchy No-Bake Bites Recipe
Chow mein noodles put the crunch in these easy no-bake bars from Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. Their pretty golden coating gets plenty of flavor from honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chow mein noodles
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add noodles and peanuts; gently stir to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square pan. Cover with waxed paper; press into an even layer. Let stand for at least 1 hour before cutting. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 196 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy No-Bake Bites
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC