Crunchy Monster Claws Recipe
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch strips
- Barbecue sauce
- 1. Cut yellow pepper into 15 triangles; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, green onion and remaining Cajun seasoning.
- 2. Place a few pieces of chicken in bag; seal and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 3. Cut a small slit into one end of each chicken strip; insert a pepper triangle into each. Serve with barbecue sauce. Yield: 15 appetizers.
1 claw (calculated without barbecue sauce) equals 58 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.