Cajun seasoning adds flavor, and a crunchy coating helps keep these chicken fingers moist. This recipe makes a great appetizer to serve at any Halloween gathering. It'll "grab" the attention of kids of all ages. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Monster Halloween Party
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch strips
- Barbecue sauce
- Cut yellow pepper into 15 triangles; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Place eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, green onion and remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Place a few pieces of chicken in bag; seal and shake to coat. Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Cut a small slit into one end of each chicken strip; insert a pepper triangle into each. Serve with barbecue sauce. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Originally published as Crunchy Monster Claws in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p35
Reviews for Crunchy Monster Claws
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review