Crunchy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
“Using instant potatoes is a time-saver, but you can use leftover mashed potatoes, too. I switch this recipe up with different flavors of onion rings and by adding garlic.” Margaret Wilson - Sun City, CA
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the milk, garlic and pepper. Whisk in potato flakes and sour cream until smooth.
- 2. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 20-30 seconds or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup) equals 329 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC