“Using instant potatoes is a time-saver, but you can use leftover mashed potatoes, too. I switch this recipe up with different flavors of onion rings and by adding garlic.” Margaret Wilson - Sun City, CA
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the milk, garlic and pepper. Whisk in potato flakes and sour cream until smooth.
- Spoon potato mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 20-30 seconds or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p21
Reviews for Crunchy Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review