Crunchy Macaroons Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. With damp fingers, shape into 1-1/2-in. mounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or just until edges turn brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 76 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Crunchy Macaroons
"These are the greatest for ole folks, too! Delicious, shall continue making them! pickup2"
"These macaroons are so simple to make and taste so good, they're a keeper for sure. My family absolutely loves them and we'll be making this recipe many more times."