Crunchy Macaroons Recipe
These chewy little cookies have a nice coconut and almond flavor...and crisp rice cereal adds a little crunch. Our home economists whipped them up using only five ingredients.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. With damp fingers, shape into 1-1/2-in. mounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or just until edges turn brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 cookies equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC