Crunchy Macaroni Salad
THIS SALAD is ideal for one or two people, but I've often increased the recipe to take to potlucks.
For variety, I'll sometimes add chopped pickles or shredded cheese. In summer, fresh tomatoes add color and flavor.
-Ruth Griggs, South Hill, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni, egg, celery and onion. In another
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over macaroni mixture
- and toss gently. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 283 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.