Sometimes, for a lighter take, we make the lime topping for this fast-fixing summer treat with a reduced-fat whipped topping. It tastes just as great. Pretzels add a nice crunch. —Elizabeth Hayes, Brazil, Indiana
Featured In: Recipes for Pretzels
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter; press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping, confectioners' sugar, lime juice and peel. In another bowl, combine the berries. Break pretzel mixture into small pieces.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons lime mixture into each of eight parfait glasses. Layer each with 1 tablespoon pretzel pieces and 1/2 cup berries. Top each with remaining lime mixture and pretzel pieces. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Lime & Berry Parfaits in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p35
Reviews for Crunchy Lime & Berry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2010
"You will wow everyone with this recipe."