There are several variations to this Asian-style salad. But this is the one most folks prefer. Toasted almonds, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds contribute to this salad's "crunch".—Sue McLaughlin, Onawa, Iowa
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions with tops, diced
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine almonds, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, onions and bacon. Just before serving, add almond mixture and dressing; toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Lettuce Salad in Country Woman September/October 1996, p37
Reviews for Crunchy Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review