Crunchy Ice Cream Dessert
I like to start my meal prep with dessert. I sandwich vanilla ice cream with layers of cereal, peanuts and coconut. Then I put it in the freezer until it’s ready to serve!
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2 cups crushed Rice Chex
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, brown sugar, peanuts and
- coconut. Drizzle with butter; stir until combined.
- Press half of the mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cut
- ice cream into 3/4-in.-thick slices; arrange evenly over crust. Top
- with remaining crumb mixture; press down lightly. Cover and freeze
- until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Editor's Note: Purchase a rectangular-shaped package of ice cream for the easiest cutting.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 286 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.