Crunchy Homemade Granola Recipe
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with honey and oil; toss to coat. Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Yield: 11 servings.
1/2 cup: 250 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Crunchy Homemade Granola
"I have made this receipe many times and shared it with friends. It's delicious with fresh blueberries and yogurt or dried fruit and yogurt. I double the nutmeg and cinnamon for a bolder flavor, but it's good either way. Easy to make."
"I had a really tough time making this- it was extremely messy. Mediocre responses to it- no one was a big fan and it took a while for the batch to get finished. I wouldn't put the work in to make it again."
"Very delicious granola! I added some vanilla extract which gives it a nice flavor."