Cinnamon, nutmeg and honey add a dash of heartwarming charm to this crunchy homemade granola. "We like it over yogurt or milk, but it's also good on it's own as a snack," promises Oshkosh, Wisconsin's Margaret Potempa. New dietary recommendations encourage half of the grains in the diet to come from whole grains like the oatmeal in this recipe. Try sprinkling this granola on yogurt, salads, ice cream and baked winter squash to help meet your dietary goals.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with honey and oil; toss to coat. Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Granola in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p9
Reviews for Crunchy Homemade Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review