This Italian dish is out of this world. I’m always getting requests to make it for family and friends. —Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip both sides of chicken in the flour, eggs, then crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Spritz tops with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Herbed Chicken Breasts in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p79
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Crunchy-Herbed Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review