Crunchy Ham and Cheese Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices deli ham (1 ounce each)
- 1/2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup crushed ridged potato chips
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread mustard over the unbuttered side of two slices; layer each with one slice of cheese, ham, tomato, remaining cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and onion powder. Place potato chips in another bowl. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, then coat with potato chips.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 476 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 1404mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Crunchy Ham and Cheese
"Best Grilled Cheese I've ever had! Definitely worth trying. I'll be making this again, just gotta find the right soup for it."