Crunchy Ham and Cheese Recipe
Crushed potato chips put the crunch in this appetizing variation on ham and cheese. “Serve this layered sandwich with a bowl of soup, and you’ll have one of the best comfort-food meals of your life,” assures Karen Wolf of Niles, Illinois.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices deli ham (1 ounce each)
- 1/2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup crushed ridged potato chips
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread mustard over the unbuttered side of two slices; layer each with one slice of cheese, ham, tomato, remaining cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and onion powder. Place potato chips in another bowl. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, then coat with potato chips.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Ham and Cheese in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p31
Reviews for Crunchy Ham and Cheese(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2008
Best Grilled Cheese I've ever had! Definitely worth trying. I'll be making this again, just gotta find the right soup for it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwich Recipes For Two >
- Sandwiches >
- Sandwiches for Two >