Crunchy Green Beans Recipe
Green beans taste terrific all by themselves, but my mom has managed to improve on Mother Nature! She adds mushrooms, celery and crisp slivered almonds to dress up the popular green vegetable. -Becky Brunette, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 4 cups fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and mushrooms in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, cold water and soy sauce until smooth; gradually stir into celery mixture. Stir in bouillon. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain beans and add to the celery mixture. Stir in almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC