Crunchy Green Beans Recipe
Green beans taste terrific all by themselves, but my mom has managed to improve on Mother Nature! She adds mushrooms, celery and crisp slivered almonds to dress up the popular green vegetable. -Becky Brunette, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 4 cups fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and mushrooms in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, cold water and soy sauce until smooth; gradually stir into celery mixture. Stir in bouillon. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain beans and add to the celery mixture. Stir in almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Green Beans in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p35
Reviews for Crunchy Green Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2011
I have made this recipe several times for large groups and everybody loves them.