This crisp, lightly sweet mixture is great just eaten out of hand or as an ice cream topping. My husband and I grow wheat, barley and canola.—Lorna Jacobsen, Arrowwood, Alberta
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 2 cups raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and brown sugar; cook and
- stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, sesame seeds and
- sunflower kernels. Add honey mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Spread onto two ungreased baking pans.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in
- raisins. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 1,148 calories, 57 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol,