This crisp, lightly sweet mixture is great just eaten out of hand or as an ice cream topping. My husband and I grow wheat, barley and canola.—Lorna Jacobsen, Arrowwood, Alberta
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 2 cups raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil and brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, sesame seeds and sunflower kernels. Add honey mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Spread onto two ungreased baking pans.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Crunchy Granola in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p8
Reviews for Crunchy Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review